Printer Friendly Version Status Issues @ 25 September 2012 10:24 AM

Notification of marriage that was performed by a foreign authority

In order for the marriage officiated in Turkey to be entered in the Register of Vital Records of the mutual residence or residence of one of the spouses in Serbia, it is necessary to provide the following documents:

- Completed request (form MS WORD or PDF format)
- Completed statement of spouses (form MS WORD or PDF format)
- Original Turkish Marriage Certificate, 
- Spouses passports
- Photo-copy of the spouses Citizenship Certificate

Annotation: If this is not first marriage for the spouses, it is necessary to submit the Birth Certificate from the office of Register of Vital Records in the Republic of Serbia, in which under “annotations” it states that the previous marriage has been dissolved.

Incomplete applications will not be accepted and they will be returned to the applicant at their cost.

Consular marriage

Notifying the birth of a child born abroad

Recognition of paternity


According to the Serbian law, foreign citizens are allowed to adopt a child from Serbia. However, adoption of child is possible when adoptive parents could not be found among Serbian citizens and when the Serbian authority in charge for adoption estimates that adoption by foreigners is in the child’s best interest.

Along with a request for adoption, prospective adopters (applicants) must present the following:

1. Short biography
2. Assessment of the authorized institution -based on the applicant’s address of residence- that applicants are eligible for adoption. Applicants should provide a proof that such institution is authorized for said assessment.
3. Proof that applicants are eligible for adoption according to the applicable laws in domicile country (Turkey)
4. Birth certificates
5. Marriage certificate
6. Proof that there is no criminal file and that there is no ongoing criminal investigation
7. Proof that applicants have not been convicted for criminal charges
8. Physician’s assessment on general health condition
9. Proof of employment, income, property and housing conditions
10. Proof of citizenship
11. Photos

All documents must be original, properly legalized (Apostille) and translated into Serbian by authorized translator. Request should be sent directly to Serbian authority in charge for adoption (Ministry for Labor and Social Politics, Department for Social Protection) at:

Ministarstvo rada i socijalne politike Republike Srbije
Sektor za socijalnu zaštitu
Nemanjina 22-26
Beograd 11000

Dissolution of marriage


For further information, please contact Consular Section of the Embassy.